This standard identifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OHS) management system with factual usage regulations. ISO 45001 is intended to qualify organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces, prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, and continually advance OHS performance.
Benefits of a Safety Management System:
- Demonstrated due diligence by meeting regulatory and customer requirements, as well as community expectations and reputation
- Improved reputation and enhanced company profile
- Improved occupational health and safety performance, mitigated risk and reduced workplace accidents and incidents
- Lower insurance fees, and less costs leading to increased profits
- Improved morale and empowerment of employees
- Established procedures to deal with safety issues as they occur, thereby saving time
- Easily integrated with other management systems.